Schezwan chicken is a popular aromatic and delicious dish. You can try making this amazing Schezwan chicken in your kitchen. This recipe requires 05 mins for preparation and 30 mins to cook. The Schezwan chicken by parveen has detailed steps with pictures so you can easily learn how to cook Schezwan chicken at home without any difficulty. Schezwan chicken is enjoyed by everyone and can be served on special occasions. The flavours of the Schezwan chicken would satiate your taste buds. You must try making Schezwan chicken this weekend. Share your Schezwan chicken cooking experience on the indianhealthyrecipe platform. You can also use the “What’s cooking” feature on the app to get in touch with other home chefs like parveen for inputs. In case you have any queries for Schezwan chicken you can comment on the recipe page to connect with the Schezwan chicken. You can also rate the Schezwan chicken and give feedback.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 250 grams or ½ lb cubed boneless chicken
- ½ tbsp. soya sauce
- ¼ tbsp. vinegar
- Little salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper powder (optional)
- 1 to 2 tbsp. Corn starch (white corn flour) (optional but recommended)
To make red chili sauce (or use bottled)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder / paprika or 12 red chilies(less spicy variety)
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1½ to 3 tsp. hot water (or as needed)
- ¾ tsp Sichuan peppers crushed (refer notes)
- ½ tbsp. ginger minced (½ tsp more, optional)
- ¾ tbsp. garlic minced (½ tsp more, optional)
- ½ tbsp. soya sauce (naturally brewed)
- ¼ tbsp. vinegar
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil preferred (any other oil will just work fine)
- 1 small onion thinly sliced (for sauce)
- 1 medium onion for seasoning (optional)
- ¾ to 1 cup bell peppers/ capsicum cubed
- 2 to 3 sprigs of spring onion
How to make the recipe
If you do not have red chili sauce, make it by mixing together ingredients under to make red chilli sauce. Set aside.
To tenderize the chicken either use meat tenderizer or soak it in a mixture made of 3 tbsps yogurt with one cup of water for overnight or at least 2 hours. Drain off.
Marinate with ingredients mentioned under marination. Keep aside for 15 minutes. Sprinkle corn flour and toss.
Deep fry in hot oil or grill it until done.
To a pan, add little oil and heat up. Saute ginger garlic, sliced onions and Sichuan peppers until onions turn golden.
Add red chili sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and very little salt.
Stir and cook until thick sauce like mixture forms.
Add more ginger garlic if desired, onions and saute until the onions turn transparent.
Add bell peppers and saute for few minutes.
Add 2 to 3 tbsp. water and allow to thicken.
Add chicken and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
Garnish schezwan chicken or szechuan chicken with spring onion greens.