Masala chai | Masala tea
Masala chai is a mouthwatering dish that can be prepared easily with the aid of instructions provided. Masala chai is popular for its healthy ingredients and rich flavours. The dish can be prepared for all special occasions easily. The preparation time and cooking time are quite less for Masala chai. This yummy Masala chai is loved by foodies. Masala chai tastes awesome when prepared with love. The tasty Masala chai prepared by parveen is a delightful joy to kids. They will gobble this yummy Masala chai without any tantrums or irritating attitude. So, prepare this Masala chai today and indulge in the sinful joy of flavours.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
For making masala chai powder, makes 3 tsp. powder
- 1 tsp. or 5 grams Green cardamoms skinned (elaichi)
- ½ tsp. or 2 grams cloves / lavang
- 2.5 to 3 grams cinnamon (dalchini)
- ¼ tsp. or 1.5 grams fennel seeds (saunf)
- ¼ to ½ tsp pepper corn or ½ tsp. powder
- ½ tsp. nutmeg grated or 1/3 of large nutmeg
- 2 petals of star flower / star anise (chakri phool)
For making Tea
- ¾ cup milk (180 ml)
- 1 ¼ cup water (240 ml)
- ½ tsp. masalapowder (you can increase slightly for stronger tea)
- 1 tsp. tea powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped or crushed ginger (optional)
- Sugar as needed 2 to 3 tsps
How to make the recipe
Making the spice powder
Add all the spices to blender jar and powder finely.
Store it in an airtight glass jar.
How to make masala tea using the spice powder
Bring water to a boil.
Add crushed ginger, spice powder and tea powder. Boil for about 2 to 3 minutes or till the flavors are infused well.
Add milk and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Filter it to the steel cups or serving cups.
Serve hot or warm