vankaya pachadi | brinjal chutney recipe (andhra style)
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 6 small brinjals (choose tender and medium to small size)
- 4 green chilies (minced very small) or paste
- Fistful of coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice or tamarind paste as needed
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 onion (Chopped small)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
How to make the recipe
- Wash and dry brinjals, pierce them with a fork.
- Smear oil on them and grill till they are fully cooked from inside (should turn soft once they are done). Cook them on all sides for even cooking inside. Set aside to cool. You can use a tong to hold it or pierce a metal skewer.
- Fry green chilies in oil for 2 mins.
- Peel the skin of the brinjals and mash them thoroughly.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well. This chutney does not need a tempering. If you like to season, then follow the method mentioned in step by step instructions above.
- Serve with rice and ghee.
do not use large brinjals since they do not get cooked well inside while you grill them