Paneer soya granules recipe | Paneer soya bhurji
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 cup of soya granules or chunks
- ½ cup of crumbled paneer
- ½ cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 green chili slit
- 1 sprig curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp each of mustard and cumin
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional, gives a good aroma else paneer tastes bland)
- Lemon juice or amchur powder as needed (optional)
- 1 tbsp. oil (adjust)
- Salt to taste
How to make the recipe
- Bring 2 to 3 cups water to a boil, switch off the stove and add soya granules or chunks. When they soften, squeeze off the excess water and rinse again in fresh water. Squeeze once more. Soya must be moist but not water dripping from it and it should not be dry either. If using soya chunks, pulse them.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add curry leaves, mustard and cumin. Let them crackle.
- Add onions & chili, fry till they turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the soya granules, salt & turmeric, fry for 2 mins. Cover and cook till the soya granules are cooked fully. If needed just sprinkle little water.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, crumbled paneer, lemon juice if using. Mix well and fry for 2 to 3 mins on a medium flame. Do not overcook as the soya granules tend to become dry and paneer becomes hard.
- Serve paneer soya bhurji rice or roti and carrot and onion slices.