Banana sheera recipe | Rava sheera recipe with banana
Banana sheera is an Indian dessert that is offered to the Gods during Ganesh puja, Varalakshmi Vratham, Lakshmi Puja and for Satyanarayana Puja too
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 cup rava / semolina
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mashed or chopped banana
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 to 3 green cardamoms, powdered
- 3 tbsp. Ghee
- Cashews and raisins as needed
How to make the recipe
- Heat a pan with ghee, add nuts fry till golden, fry raisins, and keep them aside.
- Add rava and fry till you smell the roasted semolina
- Pour water to the rava, mix well.
- When the water is absorbed, add banana, cardamom powder and sugar
- When banana sheera is cooked fully, switch of the flame and keep covered for a while