egg masala | easy egg masala (no onions)
egg masala, a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of egg masala is just mouth-watering. This amazing recipe is provided by parveen. Be it kids or adults, no one can resist this delicious dish. How to make egg masala is a question which arises in people’s mind quite often. So, this simple step by step egg masala recipe by parveen. egg masala can even be tried by beginners. A few secret ingredients in egg masala just makes it the way it is served in restaurants. egg masala can serve 3 people. So, the next time you have a get together or a party at home, don’t forget to check and try out egg masala.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (pierce with a fork randomly)
- ¾ cup of room temperature yogurt (curd) (use more if you need more gravy, do not use sour one)
- ¾ tsp. Red chili powder (adjust to your tolerance levels)
- ¾ tsp. garam masala and spice powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves or mint leaves
- 1 green chilies slit (optional)
- ¼ tsp mustard (optional)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- few pepper corns coarsely crushed or pepper powder
- generous pinch of turmeric
- ½ tsp kasuri methi (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp. oil
- ¾ tsp ginger garlic paste or coarsely crushed
How to make the recipe
Heat a heavy bottom pan with 1 tbsp oil, fry the eggs till golden, set these aside.
In the same pan, add the rest of the oil, add mustard, cumin, curry leaves & green chili.
When they begin to splutter, add pepper corn, ginger garlic paste and sauté till you get an aroma. Takes around a min.
Pour the yogurt, add turmeric, red chili powder & garam masala. On a low flame, cook till the yogurt thickens and begins to leave the sides. Takes around 3 to 4 mins. Keep stirring, else the yogurt will be burnt.
Add kasuri methi, eggs and boil for another 1 to 2 mins. Off the heat.
Serve egg masala with jeera rice, roti, paratha or rice.