Egg curry | South Indian egg curry
Egg curry is loved by people for its flavours, aromas and texture. Delight your loved ones with Egg curry as you prepare this dish with step-by-step instructions. Egg curry is best for beginners, who want to learn basics of cooking. You can also find thisEgg curry at all popular restaurants. Curated by parveen, this tasty Egg curry is no less than soul food. Whenever you are feeling low, this amazing Egg curry will lift up your spirits. This Egg curry tastes awesome due to its rich ingredients. Also this Egg curry can be prepared within minutes. Try Egg curry today and start a cooking revolution!
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 4 eggs boiled
- 2 tbsps oil
- ½ to ¾ tsp cumin or jeera
- 1 to 2 sprigs curry leaves or kadi patta or mint or pudina
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 ¼ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped or pureed
- 8 cashews or 4 tbsps of coconut (optional)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric or haldi
- ¾ tsp red chili powder or lal mirch powder
- ¾ to 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder or daniya powder
- Salt as needed (I used more than ½ tsp)
- ¾ to 1 cup Water or as needed
- Coriander leaves handful chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut milk (optional)
How to make the recipe
Preparation for egg curry
Peel the boiled eggs and make few gashes over each egg. Keep these aside.
You can use chopped tomatoes in the recipe. Or make a smooth puree of tomatoes and cashews (or coconut). Set this aside.
How to make egg curry
Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and allow to splutter.
Then add curry leaves. When they begin to splutter, add onions and green chilies.
Keep stirring and fry until the onions turn golden to light brown.
When the onions turn golden, add ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw smell of the garlic has gone.
Pour the tomato puree. Saute for a while until the tomatoes and onions blend well.
Add red chili powder, turmeric, salt, garam masala and coriander powder.
Mix well. Cook for a few minutes till the mixture begins to smell good. The raw smell must go away.
Add the eggs and fry for 2 minutes stirring gently.
Pour water just enough to make a gravy.
Cover the pan and Cook on a medium heat.
Within minutes the gravy turns thick and traces of oil appear over the curry.
This step is optional. If using coconut milk, pour it and stir in. Do not cook for long after adding coconut milk.
Sprinkle some coriander leaves. Turn off the stove.
Serve egg curry with plain rice or chapathi.