Chilli Chicken | Indo Chinese Crispy Chilli Chicken
Chilli Chicken is loved by people for its flavours, aromas and texture. Delight your loved ones with Chilli Chicken as you prepare this dish with step-by-step instructions. Chilli Chicken is best for beginners, who want to learn basics of cooking. You can also find this Chilli Chicken at all popular restaurants. Curated by parveen, this tasty Chilli Chicken is no less than soul food. Whenever you are feeling low, this amazing Chilli Chicken will lift up your spirits. This Chilli Chicken tastes awesome due to its rich ingredients. Also this Chilli Chicken can be prepared within minutes. Try Chilli Chicken today and start a cooking revolution!
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 250 grams of boneless chicken cut to small cubes
- 2 tbsps yogurt/ curd/ dahi
- ½ cup water or as needed (do not use too much)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour / maida (prefer organic)
- ¼ cup corn starch / corn flour
- Water as needed (can be replace with egg)
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- oil as needed for deep frying
- 1 to 2 tbsp sesame or olive oil or any
- 1 tsp corn starch or corn flour
- 6 to 8 tbsps water
- Salt very little
- 1 tbsp soya sauce (prefer organic or naturally brewed without Msg)
- ¾ tbsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tsp sugar (add more if you prefer sweet)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder or paprika (optional)
- ½ tsp pepper coarsely crushed or powdered
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped or minced (optional)
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped or minced
- 1 to 2 green chilies or red chilies slit or sliced
- 1 large onion cubed layers separated
- ½ cup bell peppers / capsicum
- 2 to 3 sprigs of spring onions chopped
How to make the recipe
Wash the chicken well and drain it. Cut to bite sized pieces.
Add yogurt, water, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk everything well.
Add drained chicken to the prepared brine liquid and set aside for 30 mins.
Meanwhile prepare the rest of the ingredients – chop ginger, garlic, slit green chili, cube onions and bell peppers.
After 30 mins drain the chicken completely.
Add corn flour and all purpose flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Add water as needed to coat the chicken well with the batter. Do not make a thin batter. Just make sure the batter is not of dripping consistency but has to be sticky.
Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai for dep frying.
Once the oil is hot enough, Put the flame to medium high. Drop the chicken pieces to the oil one after the other.
Keep stirring and fry them until crisp fried. You can check if the chicken pieces are cooked well.
Once the chicken is cooked well, lower the flame and fry them for another 1 to 2 mins to make them crispy.
Drain them to a kitchen tissue.
Mix 1 tsp corn flour / starch with 6 to 8 tbsps water
Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat.
Saute garlic, ginger and chili until they turn aromatic.
Add cubed onions or spring onion whites along with bell peppers.
Saute for 2 to 3 mins until the bell peppers are half done.
Add soya sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar.
Give a nice stir to the corn flour mixture. Pour that to the pan.
Keep stirring on a medium to low heat until the sauce thickens. It takes just 1 to 2 mins. Switch off the stove.
Allow the sauce to cool down a bit.
Add fried chicken bites to this and toss well to coat the chicken.
Garnish crispy chilli chicken with spring onion greens. Serve immediately else they begin to loose the crispness.