semiya biryani | vermicelli biryani | vermicelli
semiya biryani is loved by people for its flavours, aromas and texture. Delight your loved ones with semiya biryani as you prepare this dish with step-by-step instructions. semiya biryani is best for beginners, who want to learn basics of cooking. You can also find this semiya biryani at all popular restaurants. Curated by parveen, this tasty semiya biryani is no less than soul food. Whenever you are feeling low, this amazing semiya biryani will lift up your spirits. This semiya biryani tastes awesome due to its rich ingredients. Also this semiya biryani can be prepared within minutes. Try semiya biryani today and start a cooking revolution!
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1.5 cups semiya / vermicelli
- 2 ¼ cups water (1.5 cups for thin semiya)
- salt as needed
- 1 small bay leaf
- half of a star anise / star flower
- 1 strand of mace (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin or shahi jeera
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 to 4 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¾ to 1 cup mixed veggies (carrots, gobhi, peas, beans)
- 10 mint leaves / pudina
- few coriander leaves
- ¼ to ½ tsp biryani masala powder (using more may turn biryani bitter)
- ¼ tsp red chili powder (optional)
How to make the recipe
dry roast vermicelli till lightly golden. set aside in a plate.
Add oil to a hot pan. Fry the dry spices for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add onions and chili. Fry until the onions turn slightly golden.
Add veggies, coriander and mint. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and cook until the veggies are cooked. You can sprinkle little water if needed. Add the spice powders and saute for a minute.
Pour water and salt. Stir and check salt. Bring the water to a rapid boil.
Add the vermicelli. Cook till the water is absorbed completely.
Switch off the stove. Cover and set aside for 3 to 5 minutes.
Fluff up and serve hot with a raita.