chicken fry biryani | andhra style kodi vepudu biryani
So you are planning a get-together at home, don’t forget to prepare chicken fry biryani. It’s an easy dish, whose ingredients you can easily find in the market nearby. The cooking and preparation time is also quite low. It’s a healthy dish, which will be loved by people with different taste palates. Your entire family will love this chicken fry biryani for its brilliant flavours. This chicken fry biryani is popular all over the world. However, don’t forget to experiment. This chicken fry biryani by parveen can be twisted and twirled in several ways to make it an exciting dish for your loved ones. Try this chicken fry biryani today and you won’t be able to stop gushing about it. chicken fry biryani is made with authentic ingredients and will also be loved by kids. Warm up hearts and people’s lives with this delicious chicken fry biryani.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
Ingredients for chicken fry
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 green chilies optional
- 1 small cinammon, 2 cloves, 1 green cardamom
- 12 to 15 cashews or 2.5 tbsp powder
- ½ kg chicken with bone or boneless
- 1 to 1 ½ tbsps. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ½ to 1 tbsp. red chili powder (kashmiri , adjust as needed)
- 2 large onions or 1 heaped cup cubed (coarsely crushed)
- 1 ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. solid ghee
- Salt to taste
Garam masala powder
- 2 tbsps. Coriander
- 2 inch thin Cinnamon stick
- 6 to 8 Cloves
- 4 green cardamom / elachi
- ½ tsp Jeera / jeelakara / cumin
- ¼ tsp Fennel seeds / saunf (optional)
Ingredients for biryani
- 2 cups rice
- 3.5 cups water or stock
- 2 to 3 tbsp. Oil
- Salt as needed
- Turmeric as needed little only
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp biryani masala powder (any ready made will do)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ cup fresh curd / yogurt (do not use very sour one)
- 2 medium onion (1 cup sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch Ginger or ginger garlic paste 1.5 tsp
- 1 green chili
- ½ cup pudina / mint (loosely measured)
- ½ cup coriander (loosely measured)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 1 strand of mace
- ½ tsp shahi jeera
- 3 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
How to make the recipe
Making chicken fry
Marinate the chicken with ingredients mentioned under marination.
On a low flame, cook the chicken till it is soft cooked and tender. 2 tbsp water can be sprinkled if the chicken turns dry while cooking.
Heat oil in a pan, add the cooked chicken & cashew powder. Fry until the moisture evaporates and the masala sticks on to the chicken. Keep this aside.
Saute bay leaf, 3 green cardamoms, 4 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon stick, star anise, ½ to ¾ tsp shahi jeera in oil.
Add the ground paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
Add curd, biryani masala, turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder and saute until oil begins to seperate.
Pour water and adjust salt as needed by tasting it.
Add rice to it and cook on a medium heat until the rice is 90% cooked. Rice is till soggy.
Lower the flame completely, Seal the pot with a foil or a moist thick kitchen cloth.
Dum it on a hot tawa for 12 to 13 mins. If you have a induction cook top, then you can cook on number 2 to 3 for 15 mins.
Allow to rest for 10 to 15 mins.
Layering chicken fry biryani
Transfer half of the rice to a serving bowl.
Layer half of the chicken fry over the rice.
Repeat the layering alternately with rice and chicken once more.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with raita and salan.